JOB DESCRIPTION | UX Research Manager
- Position: UX Research Manager
- Start Date: ASAP
- Compensation: DOE
- Hours: M-F (40 hours/week)
- Location: Redmond, WA
- Salary: DOE
User Research International is a leading innovator in providing usability recruiting and research services for a diverse set of clients including some of the top companies in the Puget Sound region. Our team is passionate about enabling our clients to make their products and services more usable and accessible for their customers.
We are looking for an experienced UX Research Manager and team leader to help support and grow our research team. Are you a proven manager who has a passion for developing people? Are you a compassionate, positive, energetic leader? Are you passionate about the world of UX? Have you had success driving growth with your effective people and project management skills? Would you like to work in a growing company? If so, you are the person that we’d like to talk to about this position.
In this role, we are looking for an experienced researcher and people manager who has a passion for leading and growing people in the UX field. We are looking for someone who is positive, energetic, and leads by example. A high level of motivation and excellent communication skills are required to manage a diverse set of projects, individual contributors, and clients. Flexibility to work on multiple projects, a natural aptitude for organization, and deadline-driven deliverable creation are also important in this fast-paced environment.
- Manage team of researchers
- Plan, design, and help conduct qualitative and quantitative user research studies
- Work with the team and other stakeholders to analyze findings and deliver innovative, actionable insights
- Passion for understanding the day-to-day operations of the business inside and out
- Oversee business and team processes and day-to-day operations
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and phases of research simultaneous
- Improve and standardize the user-centered design methodologies and processes
- Uphold and maintain a high standard and consistency for our products and experience
- Understand trends and best practices in the UX industry
- Help the business grow strategically year-over-year
- Manage organizational change with a positive attitude
- Operate with a high degree of autonomy in a direct support relationship to primary customers and meet all requirements with minimal oversight
- Resolve escalated or difficult issues in a thoughtful, patient, logical manner
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Interaction Design, Human Factors, Cognitive Science, or related field
- 7+ years related work experience and proven knowledge and experience with a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- 3+ years experience managing a Research Team
- Strong understanding of UX design principles and design thinking process (human centered design)
- Experience and passion for leading teams and growing employees
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Salary: DOE
Please reply to: Trinhv@uriux.com with resume & cover letter
User Research International is a research company dedicated to creating useful, delightful experiences for both our clients and participants. We work with many companies’ products and technology to ensure usability for all consumers.
We are seeking a full-time Technical Setup and Support Engineer with strong Linux scripting and administration skills.
Are you eager to apply your Bash scripting expertise in a fast paced environment where you are constantly challenged to learn new technologies? If you find yourself writing scripts to automate repetitive tasks and would rather use the command line than click a button, we need you on our team.
A successful candidate will also possess strong customer service, organizational, and communication skills. You should be team-oriented with a background in IT and support that can dive into a short term project and quickly implement an automated solution that delights our researchers (your customers).
General Job Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for automating the creation and tear down of cloud-based services across a number of providers such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) for use within short duration test environments.
Typical setups will replicate the use of a service or multiple connected services in a real business, which may also include the need to create ‘dummy’ assets (compute instances, clusters, containers, virtual networks, web apps, etc.). The virtual environments are designed to showcase the services and support common scenarios of interaction.
The environments you setup and automate will be utilized by people not necessarily familiar with the tools and their capabilities, so you should be comfortable communicating with less technical users who will need to be able to use the system you set up and be able to articulate how the system works to a layman.
Although its not expected that you be an expert on each and every cloud service, you should be able to work with documentation to set them up and troubleshoot issues you encounter in those setups, while working within a fixed timeline.
Desired attributes and experience include:
- Skilled in quickly writing workable, maintainable Bash scripts and lightweight wrapper functions around cloud service APIs
- Proficient with the Linux command line and comfortable with troubleshooting Windows and MacOS.
- Familiar with Git, Python, Node.js and cloud service APIs
- Prior experience working with cloud environments strongly preferred with particular emphasis on understanding the following (although you may not have worked extensively in these areas):
- Identity Access Management (IAM)
- Cloud compute (virtual machines)
- Cloud orchestration and continuous deployment
- Microservices and container based apps/services including Kubernetes, Docker (and Docker commands), container creation/registries/management
- Familiarity with common IDEs (such as Visual Studio and Eclipse) and developer tools such as GitHub
- Professional demeaner, good communication and solid problem-solving skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- An interest in learning new tasks and providing ideas and suggestions in new ways to manage duties
User Research International is currently seeking a driven, creative, customer-focused UX Assistant Researcher who is passionate about user experience research and has an aptitude for learning new technologies.
As a UX Assistant Researcher at URI, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills by supporting the UX Research team through all phases of the research process.
The successful candidate will need to have good project management skills, have strong knowledge of research methodology, some experience conducting user testing, and be able to target and present your research findings to a variety of specific audiences. You will need to be able to learn new technologies quickly, work in an agile environment and juggle multiple deliverables. Additionally, you’ll need to be detail-oriented and thorough in your approach to research methodologies, but flexible enough to work within time and project constraints.
URI is a team-driven environment and your ability to communicate and collaborate is essential.
- Assist with study preparation (e.g. recruiting participants, study planning, survey coding, etc.)
- Assist with taking notes during user study sessions
- Analyze data in collaboration with full-time UX Researchers
- Create written and visual reports (including creating graphs, highlight videos, slide decks etc.)
- BA/BS in human factors, psychology or related field
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Solid knowledge of the field of human-computer interaction, experimental design, observational and field methods and data analysis
- Can prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects
- At least 1-2 years of experience in user research field
- Experience generating research plans, defining and tracking user experience metrics, coordinating work on multiple products/releases and managing the work of additional resources
- Experience with a broad range of research methodologies
User Research International is currently seeking a driven, creative, customer-focused UX Associate Researcher who is passionate about user experience research and has an aptitude for learning new technologies.
As a Research Associate at URI, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills by implementing research methodologies including lab-based usability tests, prototype testing, and interviews.
The successful candidate will need to have good project management skills, have strong knowledge of research methodology, experience conducting user testing, and be able to target and present your research findings to a variety of specific audiences. You will need to be able to learn new technologies quickly, work in an agile environment and juggle multiple deliverables. Additionally, you will need to be detail-oriented and thorough in your approach to research methodologies, but flexible enough to work within time and project constraints. URI is a team-driven environment and your ability to communicate and collaborate is essential.
Your portfolio and experience should demonstrate creative solutions, leadership, and ability to handle complex UX problems.
- Write research plans
- Develop screeners to identify participant profiles
- Moderate usability sessions while taking notes
- Write detailed reports
- Present findings to client
- MA/MS in human-computer interaction, human-centered design and engineering, human factors, or highly related field (can also be in last year of graduate program) OR equivalent work experience (1-2 years of experience conducting user research as primary researcher)
- At least 6 months of relevant work/academic experience conducting user research as primary researcher
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Solid knowledge of the field of human-computer interaction, experimental design, observational and field methods and data analysis is required.
- Experience generating research plans, defining and tracking user experience metrics, coordinating work on multiple products/releases and managing the work of additional resources.
- Knowledgeable about a broad range of research methodology
Position:Jr. Project Lead (full-time)
Start Date: ASAP
Benefits: Medical & Vacation
User Research International is a full-service user experience research consultancy, looking for a motivated, energetic, and detail-oriented Jr. Project Lead to join our participant recruitment team. This individual will be responsible for creating key documents, communicating with participants, and tracking core information for our recruitment team. The Jr. Project Lead will assist with scheduling, communications, and coordination between research team and study participants.
- Engage with project leads and account managers to help fill research studies
- Create core study documents with excellent attention to detail
- Manage participant communications including study announcements, phone calls, emails, and scheduling details
- Organize and record participant information
- Assist with study preparation and help ensure all studies are on track
- Brainstorm and implement new ideas to actively attract and schedule new participants
- Brainstorm and implement new methods and processes to improve participant experience
- Excellent writing/grammar and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be bright, efficient, positive, and organized
- Amazing multi-tasker, able to juggle many projects simultaneously while maintaining high standard of quality and performance
- Upholds high standards for customer service and professionalism
- Has interest in learning about new technologies and is willing to learn new things
- College degree
User Research International provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, User Research International complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
User Research International provides expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of User Research International’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.