Position: Administrative Assistant (full-time)
Start Date: ASAP
Compensation: $15-$17/hr (Depending on experience)
Benefits: Medical & Vacation
Hours: 40 hrs/week
Schedule: 10 AM-6 PM Mon.-Fri. (some days may require a 12 PM-8 PM schedule. Schedule flexibility is preferred.)
User Research International is a usability and market research company dedicated to creating useful, delightful experiences for both our clients and participants. We work with many companies’ products and technology to ensure usability for all consumers.
We are looking for an upbeat, friendly, motivated person to join our team as a full-time administrative assistant. A successful candidate will have a passion for customer service and possess strong organizational and communication skills. Experience with using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) is preferred. Do you love being a problem solver? Are you an organizational wizard? Are you the person people come to if they have a question? If so, we need you on our team!
General Job Responsibilities:
You will be working directly with our office administrator and providing support with daily tasks, including:
- Answering and directing incoming phone calls in a professional manner
- Processing and distributing study gratuities
- Ordering and restocking snacks and office supplies
- Office organization and cleaning
- Running errands as necessary (must have reliable transportation)
- Greeting visitors at the front desk
- Assisting clients with study set-up
- Checking in/out study participants
- Maintaining consistent attendance and punctuality
Desired attributes and experience include:
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and complete tasks on a deadline
- Available to work evening hours when needed/flexible schedule
User Research International is currently seeking a driven, creative, customer-focused User Researcher Assistant who is passionate about user experience research and has an aptitude for learning new technologies.
As a Research Assistant at URI, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills by supporting the UX Research team through all phases of the research process.
The successful candidate will need to have good project management skills, have strong knowledge of research methodology, some experience conducting user testing, and be able to target and present your research findings to a variety of specific audiences. You will need to be able to learn new technologies quickly, work in an agile environment and juggle multiple deliverables. Additionally, you’ll need to be detail-oriented and thorough in your approach to research methodologies, but flexible enough to work within time and project constraints.
URI is a team-driven environment and your ability to communicate and collaborate is essential.
- Assist with study preparation (e.g. recruiting participants, study planning, survey coding, etc.)
- Assist with taking notes during user study sessions
- Analyze data in collaboration with full-time UX Researchers
- Create written and visual reports (including creating graphs, highlight videos, slide decks etc.)
- BA/BS in human factors, psychology or related field
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Solid knowledge of the field of human-computer interaction, experimental design, observational and field methods and data analysis
- Can prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects
- At least 1-2 years of experience in user research field
- Experience generating research plans, defining and tracking user experience metrics, coordinating work on multiple products/releases and managing the work of additional resources
- Experience with a broad range of research methodologies
User Research International is currently seeking a driven, creative, customer-focused User Research Associate who is passionate about user experience research and has an aptitude for learning new technologies.
As a Research Associate at URI, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills by implementing research methodologies including lab-based usability tests, prototype testing, and interviews.
The successful candidate will need to have good project management skills, have strong knowledge of research methodology, experience conducting user testing, and be able to target and present your research findings to a variety of specific audiences. You will need to be able to learn new technologies quickly, work in an agile environment and juggle multiple deliverables. Additionally, you will need to be detail-oriented and thorough in your approach to research methodologies, but flexible enough to work within time and project constraints. URI is a team-driven environment and your ability to communicate and collaborate is essential.
Your portfolio and experience should demonstrate creative solutions, leadership, and ability to handle complex UX problems.
- Write research plans
- Develop screeners to identify participant profiles
- Moderate usability sessions while taking notes
- Write detailed reports
- Present findings to client
- MA/MS in human-computer interaction, human-centered design and engineering, human factors, or highly related field (can also be in last year of graduate program) OR equivalent work experience (1-2 years of experience conducting user research as primary researcher)
- At least 6 months of relevant work/academic experience conducting user research as primary researcher
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Solid knowledge of the field of human-computer interaction, experimental design, observational and field methods and data analysis is required.
- Experience generating research plans, defining and tracking user experience metrics, coordinating work on multiple products/releases and managing the work of additional resources.
- Knowledgeable about a broad range of research methodology
Position: Project Coordinator (full-time)
Start Date: ASAP
Benefits: Medical & Vacation
User Research International is a full-service user experience research consultancy, looking for a motivated, energetic, and detail-oriented project coordinator to join our participant recruitment team. This individual will be responsible for creating key documents, communicating with participants, and tracking core information for our recruitment team. The project coordinator will assist with scheduling, communications, and coordination between research team and study participants.
- Engage with project leads and account managers to help fill research studies
- Create core study documents with excellent attention to detail
- Manage participant communications including study announcements, phone calls, emails, and scheduling details
- Organize and record participant information
- Assist with study preparation and help ensure all studies are on track
- Brainstorm and implement new ideas to actively attract and schedule new participants
- Brainstorm and implement new methods and processes to improve participant experience
- Excellent writing/grammar and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be bright, efficient, positive, and organized
- Amazing multi-tasker, able to juggle many projects simultaneously while maintaining high standard of quality and performance
- Upholds high standards for customer service and professionalism
- Has interest in learning about new technologies and is willing to learn new things
- College degree
User Research International provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, User Research International complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
User Research International provides expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of User Research International’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.